Value Added Tax (VAT)
Zain Saudi Telecommunications Company cares to keep you informed of the implementation of Value Added Tax (VAT) regulations on its telecommunications services starting from 1 January 2018 (Rabi Al-Thani 14, 1439H).
Value Added Tax (or VAT) is an indirect tax imposed on some goods and services. VAT is applied in more than 160 countries around the world as a reliable source of revenue for state budgets.
VAT is imposed at each stage of the supply chain from the production and distribution to the final sale of the good or service. Saudi Arabia is committed to impose VAT by Royal Decree No. (M/113) dated 2/11 /1438H and its executive regulations, with effect from 1 January 2018 (Rabi Al-Thani 14, 1439H). VAT will be introduced at a standard rate of 5%
We encourage our dear customers to access VAT law and implementing regulations through the following link: www.vat.gov.sa
VAT Application to Zain Services
Starting 1st of January 2018 (Rabi Al-Thani 14, 1439H). VAT will apply to all products and services provided to you by Zain Saudi Telecom Company.
Zain Saudi Arabia is obliged to implement the regulation of Value Added Tax (VAT) and collect it on behalf of the Zakat and Income Tax Authority. Accordingly, the Company has made some modifications to the terms, conditions and prices of the services provided to you to comply with the implementation of VAT regulation starting from the mentioned date.
VAT on Zain products?
VAT is applied to all products and services provided by Zain depending on the classification of each product.
- VAT will be applied for all postpaid voice & data packages.
- VAT will depend on the monthly due amount that is reflected in the monthly bill at the beginning of each month
VAT will applied on all kind of recharge cards and Electronic Vouchers
VAT VALUE RECHARGE VALUE 15.00 SAR 0.72 SAR 14.28 SAR Buy Now 20.00 SAR 0.96 SAR 19.04 SAR Buy Now 30.00 SAR 1.43 SAR 28.57 SAR Buy Now 50.00 SAR 2.39 SAR 47.61 SAR Buy Now 100.00 SAR 4.77 SAR 95.23 SAR Buy Now
- Postpaid lines : VAT will be applied on all add-on services which mean the services with non- recurring charges that cause an increase in the amount of the bill
- Prepaid lines: Customer using the existing balance, VAT will not be applicable.
- What is Value Added Tax (VAT)?
Value Added Tax (or VAT) is an indirect tax imposed on all goods and services that are bought and sold by businesses. Saudi Arabia is committed to impose VAT with effect from January 1, 2018 (Rabi Al-Thani 14, 1439).
- What is the VAT amount?
It is additional standard rate of 5% of your monthly due amount that is reflected in your monthly bill
- Does VAT apply on Zain Postpaid package customers?
Yes, it is applied for all Zain Postpaid voice & data customers.
- Is the VAT applied for the package monthly fees only?
No, it is applied for the monthly fees and any additional usages and adds on services that you have consumed during the month.
- Is the VAT amount fixed every month?
No, it is not as it depends on your monthly due amount that is reflected in your monthly bill.
- Is the VAT applied for all services and packages?
No, it is applied for the charged services only. So any service you have it in your package as free will not be charged for VAT
- How can I know the VAT amount for my monthly bill?
The VAT amount will be shown every month in your monthly bill.
- How much is the increase that I have to pay every month?
It depends on the postpaid package that you have.
Final amount including VAT
Add on Service
100 + 15 = 115