Zain Wi-Fi Calling
Wi-Fi Calling is a feature which allows you to make calls and SMSs anywhere through Wi-Fi networks, or hotspot connections.
Place calls and send SMSs through any Wi-Fi Connection you come across in Saudi Arabia, with no additional charges! Only your package rates will be applied.
Activating Wi-Fi Calling
- Turn on Wi-Fi calling in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
- If Wi-Fi Calling is available, you’ll see Wi-Fi after your carrier name in the status bar. Then your calls will use Wi-Fi Calling.
- Follow these steps if you can’t turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi Call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
2. Restart your iPhone.
3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Wi-Fi Calling While Roaming
Travel and stay in touch with your friends and family in Saudi Arabia by placing calls and SMSs through any Wi-Fi network or Hotspot connection you come across during your trip. Wherever you are around the world, you will be charged based on your local tariff plan.
Wi-Fi Calling while roaming is available for all Prepaid and Postpaid packages.
Terms and conditions
- The feature is available to all Zain Prepaid and Postpaid customers inside and outside the kingdom.
- You will be charged as per your package plan.
- No additional fees will be applied.
- Quality of the call depends on the Wi-Fi network connection.
Available on Apple
iPhone 6S iPhone 6S Plus iPhone 7 iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 8 iPhone 8 Plus iPhone SE iPhone X iPhone XS iPhone XS Max iPhone XR iPhone 11 iPhone 11 Pro iPhone 11 Pro Max iPhone SE 2nd Gen
To enjoy Zain WiFi-Calling, kindly update your iOS to iOS 13.4 and beyond.
Available on Samsung
Galaxy A10 Galaxy S7 Galaxy J3 Galaxy M10 Galaxy Note 10/10+ Galaxy A10s Galaxy S7 Edge Galaxy J4 Galaxy M10 Galaxy Note 10/10+ 5G Galaxy A20 Galaxy S9 Galaxy J5 Galaxy M20 Galaxy A30 Galaxy S9+ Galaxy J6 Galaxy M20 Galaxy A30s Galaxy S10e Galaxy J7 Core Galaxy M30 Galaxy A50 Galaxy S10 Galaxy J7 Duo Galaxy Note 8 Galaxy A51 Galaxy S10+ Galaxy J7 Galaxy Note 9 Galaxy A70 Galaxy A7 Galaxy A9 Galaxy X Cover Galaxy On7
Available on Oppo
Reno 2 Reno 2F A5
Available on FourMobile
FourMobile S310 Storm FourMobile S610 Shine
Available on Huawei
Y Honor Nova P Mate Porsche Design Y9 2018 Honor 7X Nova 3e P Smart Mate 10 Porsche Design Mate RS Y9 2019 Honor 9 Lite Nova 3 P20 Pro Mate 10 Pro PORSCHE DESIGN | HUAWEI Mate 20 RS Honor 8 Lite Nova 3i P Smart 2019 Mate 10 lite Honor 9 Nova 5T P30 PRO Mate 20 Honor 10 P30 Mate 20 Pro Honor Play P30 Lite Mate 20 X Honor 8X Honor 10 Lite Honor 10 Lite
Available on Nokia
- What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a service that lets you use your Wi-Fi connection to make calls, and send SMS.
- Can I call and SMS people who aren’t using Wi-Fi Calling?
Yes, you can use Wi-Fi Calling to make and receive calls and SMSs to any other lines.
- What if I make international calls using Wi-Fi Calling?
Yes, these calls will be charged based on your package international rates plan.
- Will any charges apply for Wi-Fi Calling?
No extra charges apply. Only your current package rate plan will be applied for any call & SMS.
- Will I be able to call home with local charges while I am abroad?
Yes, you will. You can call Saudi Arabia at your package rates wherever you are.
- Are there any additional charges for this service?
No, there aren’t.
- What happens if I call an international number while I am roaming?
If you happen to place an international call while you are abroad, you will be charged based on your package international calling rates. For example, if you are a customer on Shabab travelling to Dubai, and called a number in the UAE, you will be charged 1.30 SAR per minute as per your international package rate.
- Do I have to activate roaming service to enjoy Wi-Fi Calling while roaming?
No, you can use this feature without adding roaming service to your line.
- Can I use my free minutes while roaming?
Yes, you can. Whatever free minutes your package grants you, you will be able to use them with Wi-Fi calling feature anywhere in the world.
- Can I use Wi-Fi Calling for Data?
No, Wi-Fi Calling supports only calls and SMS only.
- Is this service activated only in Low/No coverage areas?
No, it can work at any time and any place. You only need to Enable/Disable the feature from the handset setting.
- What happens when I access through a Personal Hotspot Connection?
You will still be able to place calls and SMSs with Wi-Fi Calling through a Hotspot connection.