Zain Wi-Fi Calling
Wi-Fi Calling is a feature which allows you to make calls and SMSs anywhere through Wi-Fi networks, or hotspot connections.
Place calls and send SMSs through any Wi-Fi Connection you come across in Saudi Arabia, with no additional charges! Only your package rates will be applied.
Activating Wi-Fi Calling
- Turn on Wi-Fi calling in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
- If Wi-Fi Calling is available, you’ll see Wi-Fi after your carrier name in the status bar. Then your calls will use Wi-Fi Calling.
- Follow these steps if you can’t turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi Call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.
1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
2. Restart your iPhone.
3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Wi-Fi Calling While Roaming
Travel and stay in touch with your friends and family in Saudi Arabia by placing calls and SMSs through any Wi-Fi network or Hotspot connection you come across during your trip. Wherever you are around the world, you will be charged based on your local tariff plan.
Wi-Fi Calling while roaming is available for all Prepaid and Postpaid packages.
Terms and conditions
- The feature is available to all Zain Prepaid and Postpaid customers inside and outside the kingdom.
- You will be charged as per your package plan.
- No additional fees will be applied.
- Quality of the call depends on the Wi-Fi network connection.
Available on Apple
iPhone 6S iPhone 6S Plus iPhone 7 iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 8 iPhone 8 Plus iPhone SE iPhone X iPhone XS iPhone XS Max iPhone XR iPhone 11 iPhone 11 Pro iPhone 11 Pro Max iPhone SE 2nd Gen
To enjoy Zain WiFi-Calling, kindly update your iOS to iOS 13.4 and beyond.
Available on Samsung
Galaxy A10 Galaxy S7 Galaxy J3 Galaxy M10 Galaxy Note 10/10+ Galaxy A10s Galaxy S7 Edge Galaxy J4 Galaxy M10 Galaxy Note 10/10+ 5G Galaxy A20 Galaxy S9 Galaxy J5 Galaxy M20 Galaxy A30 Galaxy S9+ Galaxy J6 Galaxy M20 Galaxy A30s Galaxy S10e Galaxy J7 Core Galaxy M30 Galaxy A50 Galaxy S10 Galaxy J7 Duo Galaxy Note 8 Galaxy A51 Galaxy S10+ Galaxy J7 Galaxy Note 9 Galaxy A70 Galaxy A7 Galaxy A9 Galaxy X Cover Galaxy On7
Available on Oppo
Reno 2 Reno 2F A5
Available on FourMobile
FourMobile S310 Storm FourMobile S610 Shine
Available on Huawei
Y Honor Nova P Mate Porsche Design Y9 2018 Honor 7X Nova 3e P Smart Mate 10 Porsche Design Mate RS Y9 2019 Honor 9 Lite Nova 3 P20 Pro Mate 10 Pro PORSCHE DESIGN | HUAWEI Mate 20 RS Honor 8 Lite Nova 3i P Smart 2019 Mate 10 lite Honor 9 Nova 5T P30 PRO Mate 20 Honor 10 P30 Mate 20 Pro Honor Play P30 Lite Mate 20 X Honor 8X Honor 10 Lite Honor 10 Lite
Available on Nokia
Nokia 5.3 Nokia 1 Nokia 1+ Nokia 8.1 Nokia 3.1+ Nokia 7.2 Nokia 6.2 Nokia 2.2 Nokia 1.3 Nokia 3.2 Nokia 4.2 Nokia 5.1+ Nokia 2.1 Nokia 800 Nokia 2720
Available on Vivo
Vivo X50 Vivi X50 Pro Vivo Y1s
Available on Realme
Realme X50 Pro 5G Realme C11 Realme C15 Realme C12 Realme 7i Realme 7 Realme X3 Pro
Available on Xiaomi
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Xiaomi Redmi 9 Xiaomi Redmi 9A Xiaomi Redmi 9C Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Xiaomi Redmi 8 Xiaomi Redmi 8A
- What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling is a service that lets you use your Wi-Fi connection to make calls, and send SMS.
- Can I call and SMS people who aren’t using Wi-Fi Calling?
Yes, you can use Wi-Fi Calling to make and receive calls and SMSs to any other lines.
- What if I make international calls using Wi-Fi Calling?
Yes, these calls will be charged based on your package international rates plan.
- Will any charges apply for Wi-Fi Calling?
No extra charges apply. Only your current package rate plan will be applied for any call & SMS.
- Will I be able to call home with local charges while I am abroad?
Yes, you will. You can call Saudi Arabia at your package rates wherever you are.
- Are there any additional charges for this service?
No, there aren’t.
- What happens if I call an international number while I am roaming?
If you happen to place an international call while you are abroad, you will be charged based on your package international calling rates. For example, if you are a customer on Shabab travelling to Dubai, and called a number in the UAE, you will be charged 1.30 SAR per minute as per your international package rate.
- Do I have to activate roaming service to enjoy Wi-Fi Calling while roaming?
No, you can use this feature without adding roaming service to your line.
- Can I use my free minutes while roaming?
Yes, you can. Whatever free minutes your package grants you, you will be able to use them with Wi-Fi calling feature anywhere in the world.
- Can I use Wi-Fi Calling for Data?
No, Wi-Fi Calling supports only calls and SMS only.
- Is this service activated only in Low/No coverage areas?
No, it can work at any time and any place. You only need to Enable/Disable the feature from the handset setting.
- What happens when I access through a Personal Hotspot Connection?
You will still be able to place calls and SMSs with Wi-Fi Calling through a Hotspot connection.